Friday 24 June 2011

Ten things I would not be without during treatment.

This is a highly personal list of things and people without whom my life would be a lot more miserable.


1. This has to be the unflinching support of Mr G, my family, and friends. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart,
2. Lemon and lime squash in bottled water. The only way I can drink water. Strangely the chemo makes tap water taste like chemo!
3. Indian Tonic Water - all of above AND it stops the cramps in the soles of my feet.
4. Lemon grass and oil shower gel - cuts through the chemo smell on my skin (there is a theme developing here!) and the little oily globules sooth the itchy dry skin.
5. Foods I can eat on the 'bad weekend' upon me now - ginger nut biscuits, Jamaican Ginger Cake, fresh pineapple, oatcakes, and raspberries. How bizarre.
6. My lovely comfy bed.
7. Crabtree and Evelyn Hand Cream (No, I don't own shares) Smells gorgeous and melt away on skin.
8. My laptop.
9. The bird feeding station I can see from the sofa. Currently hosting baby sparrows and goldfinches with accompanying adults. Ditto Starlings. A harassed looking Robin. A very fat Wood Pigeon hoovering up the scraps.
10. The library from which, two weeks out of the three, I am avidly reading lots of lovely books.

No comments:

Post a Comment