Wednesday 8 June 2011

Meh!

That was awful, dreadful, painful, disgusting, appalling, degrading, unpleasant, ghastly and unfortunately has to be repeated three more times.
So how was your weekend, and Monday and Tuesday? I sincerely hope it was better than mine.


Pic borrowed from http://mildly-amused.blogspot.com/2010/10/blargh.html

I do know where I went 'wrong'. It's managing the meds again. This time it was managing my laxatives versus increased doses of another medication. Chemo does not come with training. There is a lot of information but no manual. We have access to excellent advice via the chemo nurses. The problem is that 'trouble' can sneak up on you. This is why it all went so wrong this weekend and the fuzzy muzzies are to blame again! Basically I was so out of it and nauseous that I did not take enough laxatives. The consequences, the details of which I will spare you, were dire. Today, I am a shadow of yesterday's self, and that is a very good thing. Mind you, I did have a rather disturbed night, if you get my drift.
Back to the drawing board again - I'm going to need a meds organisation kit the size of a filing cabinet.
Where do I get the motivation?
The intense desire to avoid the disaster that was the last few days ever happening again.

2 comments:

  1. All I'm going to say is... 'I know where you're coming from!' I am resisting the temptation to do an entire blog post on POO! It's the bain (bane?) of my chemo week! But thank you for reminding me that I should take laxatives BEFORE tomorrow! Bleugh! Oh to be in a different boat! Sending you my bestest of wishes. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could SO have made this a blog about poo. I may yet achieve this before the end of my treatment. Hope your chemo week is not too foul. Hugs Chemo sister xxx

    ReplyDelete