Tuesday 29 March 2011

Bored but glad to be here...

Boredom is setting in. I am really struggling, still, with the feeling I should be at work. It is quite irrational, I am nowhere near fit to work. I suspect it stems from the ferocious work ethic which underpinned my growing years. You went to school unless you could not get out of bed. If you missed school on a Friday, you didn't play out all weekend! Here I am, facing months of chemo, and I'm bored already. No, that is not strictly true, I am entirely capable of amusing myself independently. However, I am limited in what I can do, and that is what is frustrating. I suspect there will be days and days during chemo when I will be very glad I have nothing much to do and nowhere I have to be.
So, I have got my library books and I am gradually allowing myself the pleasure of extended reading (see, I'm still struggling to 'just' read). Tomorrow, I'm going to get my cross stitch work out and put it by my chair. I'm going to find my sketch pad and start doing some drawing again. Soon, when I can comfortably stand for a bit longer, I'm going to resurrect my neglected cookery skills. It's not that I can't cook, but after bringing up a family I was rather jaded! My beloved husband is a good cook and I have been, and will be, relying on him heavily so it is only fair I should do what I can.
I am determined that this enforced hiatus in my life will not be wasted. If I can hone a few skills then this time will have some good in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment