Thursday 10 March 2011

Well, that was nasty...

So, I have cancer, ovarian cancer... was not actually a shock as I had been warned. The need to have chemotherapy is a pain, as I had really hoped the op was all I needed. However, an ovary had ruptured releasing those pesky cells into my tummy. Not sure when I will start chemo, have to see oncologist first. Am fitting first one around my daughter's wedding - a balance between still having hair and not throwing up all day! I know I will lose my hair as I am having a cocktail of two chemo drugs; I decided to give those pesky cells the biggest shock I could. The next months are going to be a challenge, but I have amazing support in real life and virtually online.
Get the sick bags ready, my friends, this could be a bumpy ride!

2 comments:

  1. As I said on twitter, if there is anything I can do, please let me know. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blimey, Ali.

    *sits at keyboard not knowing what to type*

    I know we've only just met (in the virtual sense) but there are lots of us in your computer here to support you.

    Laura x

    ReplyDelete