Thursday 11 August 2011

I had a hair cut...

No, no, ... sorry people, this was a one hair cut. Mr G and I popped in to show my lovely hairdresser my fluffy hair and she spotted an errant longer hair and (with my permission) snipped it off. We all laughed a lot!




In other news, I did have to pluck my eyebrows as they have grown with such enthusiasm and abandon. There are quite a few fluffy hairs mixed in with the smooth dark brown grown-up ones. I have tidied up the fluffy ones so I look less like a teddy bear.

The after effects of my final chemo were quite horrid and indeed I can still feel them. I had quite dreadful pain for two days where my skin was sore and ached to the extent I could not bear to be touched. The fuzzy muzzies are still in attendance. However, I can now get my head round the knowledge that this part is over. I shall have to be very careful to avoid infection over the next week or so as I am sure that my white blood cell count is very low. I am gradually allowing myself to acknowledge that I don't have to go for treatment in two weeks time. The relief is enormous. It will be a grand day when I take all the meds I no longer need back to the pharmacy.

Mr G and I are chatting about things we fancy doing - eating some recently forbidden foods features quite highly. I fancy a trip to the seaside but can't risk paddling for a couple of weeks yet. We are really looking forward to seeing our granddaughter, and to meeting the new grand children in time. We might take in some animal watching at a zoo or safari park. There are lots of National Trust properties for us to explore.
The sun is starting to shine once again...

5 comments:

  1. Here comes the sun!! You are sounding so much brighter, so glad for you! Lotsa love, Chez. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it easy, and enjoy the outings. Do you practice Mindfulness? A companion on a course I took recently was one week out of chemo, suffering a lot, just as you describe and she found learning the practice hugely beneficial. Love your haircut anecdote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very interested in Mindfulness. I feel VERY strongly that past stresses (huge and enormous but in the past) affected my health. I want to try to live a life where I manage what happens in my life positively and I feel Mindfulness might help. Can you point me towards helpful stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you start to pick up soon Ali and the fuzzymuzzy's go soon.....Did she charge you for THE haircut hahaha Oh and don't forget that coffee :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Ali, just found this, and thought it was rather good

    hope it helps re Mindfulness,

    Love Ali in Scotland

    "The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, worry about the future, or anticipate troubles, but to live in the present moment wisely and earnestly."

    Buddha

    ReplyDelete