Friday 22 March 2013

Tell it like it is...

Am I devastated?
Am I bereft?
Am I furious?
Am I angry?

You bet.

Have I curled up into a ball and rocked and wept, pulling the blanket over my head?

Hell, no!

Why?
What difference would it make?

In the scheme of things that is the new path for my life, what difference would that make to how it all ends.

I have incurable cancer. It is however treatable, and I have more than one option open to me. I have time left, I just don't know how much.
This makes me better off than many others.

Over the last three days, I have received so much wonderful support from so many people.
The hospital staff eased my symptoms (eventually) and I was treated with the utmost kindness and dignity.
Friends, in real life and virtually have swept me up and cradled me with love and affection.

Just promise me this, when it really gets ugly, whenever that may be, continue to hold me and Mr G in the same way.

Read  The Invitation  by Oriah Mountain Dreamer.

If you can do this, then the world will be a richer place, even when I am gone.

8 comments:

  1. Ali I'm so sorry to hear this. I don't know you in real life, but I enjoy your friendship on Twitter. Your virtual pals will be with you every step just as much as your real world ones.
    Peace, love and courage,
    SJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here I am. And like everyone else virtually out here, here we stay. For whenever and however you need us. Much, much love,
    Birdie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I needed a friend to talk to in confidence, you were there for me. I am determined to be there every step of the way for you too. There are so many people on Twitter who have benefitted from your friendship and support. You can be damned sure that we will all do the same for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forsee plenty of mornings drinking coffee and talking of all things woolly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Echo all the above. X You're a brave and wonderfullady x

    ReplyDelete
  6. No words. Just love. I know how much you mean to me I hope you do too. That said lets do this,together xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are like a bright candle , your light touches the darkest corner...so what about that book ...are you going to write it?

    We never met face to face yet your help and suggestions have impacted positively upon our lives...
    remember you gave me advice via Mr G which
    was to write via online web site to my local M.P and ward councillor. ..back in 2010...?


    had it not been for that we would possibly never have achieved our dreams. ..and never have moved from England to live in Scotland. ...but YOU gave me the encouragent Ali to keep fighting...we owe you so much...we are here for you & Mr G....always ...but...really...what about that book...you could give it a teeny textile printed cover...and each page could hold your amazing thoughts and even raise money for your charity of choice. .. what do you say?
    Love xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Invitation has always been one of my favorites - I gave it to my husband shortly after I got sick. To receive the invitation from YOU....my answer, yes, yes, YES. As best I can, across the ocean, to a dear, dear friend whom I have never met - I will love unconditionally and remain committed always. You will never be alone. Let all of those who love you walk this journey, laugh along the way, celebrate the days, weeks, years - and cradle you in the difficult. Thank you for sharing your life with us. Thank you for sharing your beauty and your courage. Thank you for teaching me and showing me what it meand to truly be alive. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete