Saturday 20 March 2010

On the behviour of some adults...

I was out for a meal last night with my husband and stepdaughter. We were in a lively Turkish restaurant which had a number of large groups dining at once. However the evening was nearly ruined by the raucous and thoughtless behaviour of the party closest to us. There were about twelve women aged from late thirties to fiftyish, and two men of similar age. They were drunk, and very loud. One of the women, almost clad in sequins and lace, frequently exposed her apparently naked bottom to me, while leaning over to have a shrieked domestic with her male companion. She was entirely unaware of the exhibition she was making of herself. The waiter apologised about their behaviour and said he had asked them to moderate their noise several times.
Eventually they called for the bill,which was delivered in double quick time, and the party started to leave. Two of the women apologised to us, saying that their companions had given them a headache!
People of a certain age regularly complain about the behaviour of young people. The young woman with me (my stepdaughter) was as horrified as I at the actions of these 'mature' adults. I really wish they could see a video of their dreadful behaviour in public - next time they might empty a few less bottles of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment